Everyday is an opportunity to stop and smell the roses. I believe in celebrating life’s successes and opportunities. If you are disabled, or as others may call it, “differently-abled,” and you work each day, that’s something worth celebrating. If you are not able to work yet you are alive (although you may have some challenges), it is definitely a reason to celebrate.
The times of the year that almost everyone celebrates are birthdays. Birthdays are your special day to shine, be appreciated, and even spoiled a little bit. I have found and compiled some of the best kind of birthday deals, FREE. With a minimum amount of effort, you can have all the birthday deals that your heart desires.
1. Applebee’s does freebies on your birthday. Usually it’s a free entree with the purchase of an entree.
2. Nothing Bundt Cakes offers a free baby bundtlet cake on your birthday.
3. Arby’s will give you a free shake with any purchase.
4. Aunt Annie’s offers you a free pretzel when you download their app.
5. Baskin Robbins will give you a 2.5-ounce scoop of any flavor of ice cream. To take advantage of their offer, you must take a few minutes to join the birthday club.
6. Bonefish Grill will give you a free appetizer of Bang-Bang shrimp for signing up for their email insider.
7. Buffalo Wild Wings will give you a free snack-size wings order when you sign up for their email list.
8. Captain D’s offers a free two-piece fish when you join their email club.
9. Chili’s will give you a free dessert when you sign up for their reward program.
10. Del Taco will give you two free tacos and a milkshake when you sign up for their rewards program.
11. IHOP offers a free stack of pancakes.
12. Jersey Mike’s offers a free regular sub and 22-ounce fountain drink.
13. Jamba Juice offers a free birthday smoothie.
14. Denny’s offers a free build-your-own grand slam when you sign up for their reward program.
15. Free Dipping Dots on your birthday.
This is just a small list of a few places. I recommend registering with most places six months before your birthday.
Other options to celebrate your birthday and maintain savvy birthday savings could be a potluck celebration for your special occasion. In this case, just move some furniture out of the way, invite several good friends, and create a signup sheet for people to bring food. If done correctly, this wouldn’t cost much at all.
- A throw-back game night is always fun. Try introducing a game of Charades or Taboo.
- Baking party. You and your friends can challenge each other on a friendly dessert competition.
- I also recommend checking your community board for gatherings such as festivals and concerts.
- Netflix and chill time. Nothing like binge watching a good movie or TV series with friends.
- Create a sip and swap night. If you have clothes, jewelry or accessories you no longer wear, this a great way to get rid of the old and welcome the gently used new items from your friends.
- Dance party. Nothing like dancing to some good music. When you’re finished, flip to an evening of Karaoke.
Good food, good folks, and good fun….so, let’s celebrate!
About Merlisha Henderson: Merlisha lives in Arizona with her family. As a wife, mother and disability advocate in her community, she stays active and independent, working toward bringing equality and access to all. Click here to learn more about Merlisha.